Preconstruction services are those services performed by the construction manager or general contractor during the design phase of the project. During the preconstruction phase of a project, the Owner benefits from the Contractor’s expertise with regard to regional market knowledge of construction materials, placement methods and skilled trade considerations. Bartlett Cocke General Contractors offers a variety of preconstruction services which include budgeting, estimating, scheduling, design document (constructability) review, value engineering, life cycle costing, materials and methods selection analysis, construction staging and site management, cash flow analysis, equipment review and coordination, and subcontractor/supplier solicitation.
Bartlett Cocke General Contractors plays an important role in providing the Owner and Architect the vital information that will maximize the ability of the Project Delivery Team to meet the Owner’s functional, aesthetic and budgetary goals in the minimum amount of construction time.
Design/Build is a method of construction in which the contractor provides both design and construction services to an owner.Bartlett Cocke General Contractors was a pioneer in the Design/Build project delivery method. We were selected for the first Design/Build contract awarded by the University of Texas System and we were selected for the first design/build contract awarded by the Texas A&M University System.
Our Design/Build experience includes:
• UTHSCSA Greehey Children’s Cancer Research Institute
• UTSA Recreation and Wellness Center
• Prairie View A&M University New Student Center
• South Texas Blood & Tissue Center Phase I, II & III
• UTHSCSA Cyclotron Addition
• Park Villiage Elementary School
UTHSCSA Greehey CCRI
Construction Manager-at-Risk (CM-at-Risk) is a process that allows the client to select a Construction Manager based on qualifications, allowing the Construction Manager to become a collaborative member of the project team prior to the start of construction, centralize construction under a single contract and obtain a bonded guaranteed maximum price (GMP).
Bartlett Cocke General Contractors was a pioneer in the CM-at-Risk project delivery method. We were selected for the first CM-at-Risk contract awarded in the State of Texas, by the Pearsall Independent School District and we were selected for the first CM-at-Risk contract awarded by the University of Texas System.
|Some examples of our CM-at-Risk projects include:
• Del Mar College New Health Sciences & Emerging Technology Center
• Lehman High School Phase I & II
• Armando Chapa Middle School
• UTHSCSA Teaching & Learning Lab - Laredo
• Converse Public Safety Justice Center/Counsel Chamber & Municipal Courtroom
• Gus Garcia Middle School
• Negley Elementary School
• UTHSCSA Medical Arts Research Center
• Science Hall Elementary School
• Louis Brandeis High School
• Alamo Heights 2005 Bond Program
• Performing Arts Cente r– Hays CISD
• Hays CISD 2004 Bond Program
• E.A. Jones Elementary School
• Missouri City Middle School
• Bastrop High School
• James Earl Rudder High School
• Sam & Ann Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies
• University of Texas at Austin Parking Garages 4A, 4B and Office Building
• Texas Southern University School of Pharmacy & Health
• Douglas MacArthur High School Replacement
• Earl Warren High School
• Robert E. Lee High School Addition Phase I & Phase II
• John Paul Stevens High School
• Winston Churchill High School Addition
• Jack C. Hays High School Addition Phase I & II
Alamo Heights High School
Louis Brandeis High School
Del Mar College
|Closeout & Commissioning
Bartlett Cocke General Contractors realizes the critical importance of the closeout and commissioning process and how it can affect the overall success of a construction project. We work with owners and design professionals to effectively manage the closeout and commissioning process and to ensure fulfillment of all regulatory requirements for a complete and operational building. We provide a complete closeout and commissioning program that successfully transitions the project to the client and ensures that all project components and systems are operational. While most of the requirements for closeout and commissioning occur near the end of a project, Bartlett Cocke General Contractors does not wait until we have achieved substantial completion before addressing these items. We have created a process that addresses closeout and commissioning very early in the planning stages of a project and integrates closeout and commissioning into the project discussions throughout the life of a construction project. Our "Start-to-Finish" Program takes closeout and commissioning into consideration from the beginning of a project during preconstruction and keeps closeout and commissioning a critical agenda item through final completion.
Building owners and managers have become increasingly concerned with the efficient operation and maintenance of their facilities. Bartlett Cocke General Contractors has developed a total building commissioning management plan to assist the owners and design professionals we work with achieve, validate and document, that the performance of the total building and its systems meets the design needs and requirements established. Total building commissioning includes the checkout and performance of all building systems and components including mechanical systems, electrical systems, life safety, testing and balancing, and indoor air quality.
Bartlett Cocke General Contractors strives to closeout and commission our projects within 60 days of achieving substantial completion. We begin the closeout and commissioning process during preconstruction and include the owner and design professionals in the process. This is a significant culture shift for the construction industry; which currently achieves substantial completion, completes the punch list, submits operation and maintenance manuals and turns over as-built drawings sometime before
the close of the warranty period.
General contracting is performed by a primary contractor who submits a price or bid and offers to contract directly with the owner to oversee, direct, or in any manner assume charge of the construction, alteration, repair and improvement for any building or any other construction undertaking when such property is to be used for commercial purposes.
We have been providing general contracting services since 1959 and have put in place nearly two (2) billion dollars of commercial construction product including:
• Toyota Motor Manufacturing Texas
• Trinity University - Ruth Taylor Art & Music Building
• North East ISD - Science Labs Additions
• Walzem Elementary School
• Robert E. Lee High School Phase I & II
• Southwest Research Institute
• Coca-Cola Enterprises Building 1 & 3
• World Savings & Loan Building #307 & #308
• Westside Relief Elementary School
• Farrington Renovation & New Science Building
• Wilderness Oak Elementary School
• Canyon Ridge Elementary School
• Prairie View A&M University Arts & Architecture Building
• Prudential Overall Supply Company
• Trinity University - New Northrup Hall
• UTSA Bioengineering Buliding
• Austin Community College
• Mary Lou Hartman Elementary School
• Texas A&M University Wehner Building Expansion
• City of Austin 911 Center
« Back to Top
World Savings & Loan Bldg
Arts & Architecture Bldg
Southwest Research Institute